You got questions, we got answers!
1. What travel documents do I need?
You MUST have a valid passport to enter Mexico. There are NO exceptions.
2. What airport should I fly into for Holy Ship!?
Cancun International International Airport (CUN).
3. How far is Hard Rock Riviera Maya from the Cancun International Airport?
The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is located about 50 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
4. Is airfare included?
No. All guests are responsible for booking their own airfare.
5. How do I get to and from the Cancun airport?
We offer a transportation service that you can add to your reservation. Please note airport shuttles are not included in the cost of your trip. To find more information on organizing a shuttle, click HERE.
6. Are there accessible shuttles available?
Holy Ship! airport transportation offers ADA accessible shuttle options for those in need. Simply purchase transportation at the standard rate and contact the Travel Team to make arrangements at least 30 days prior to the event.
7. How do I add my flight information?
Click “My Account” at the top of the page, log in, and click the button that says “Enter Flight Info” under your active Holy Ship! reservation. Enter the flight info for you and your guest so we can ensure the smoothest arrival / departure possible.
8. How do I find the event transportation once I am at the airport?
Once you go through Customs and exit the airport with your luggage, you will look for the Amstar representative holding the Holy Ship! event shuttle sign and wearing the event shirts. Shuttles will be arranged based on your flight information that you entered into your Cloud 9 Account. An email with further details will be sent out a bit closer to your arrival into Cancun.
9. My flight is delayed, what do I do?
Don’t sweat it! If you have provided us with your flight info we will be tracking your arrival time and making the proper accommodations. If you are switched to a completely new flight, contact the Travel Team as soon as possible to let us know.
10. Does the event transportation run on the pre and post nights?
Yes, the shuttle will run on pre night dates & post night dates. There are no shuttles on December 4th, 5th & 6th.
11. Can I meet the airport shuttle if I am staying in the area but at a different location before the event?
No. Due to security at the Cancun International Airport, we cannot offer transportation services to people who arrive early and stay in the area at a different resort before Holy Ship!. In order to utilize the Event transportation you must be arriving into the airport and immediately traveling to the Hard Rock Riviera Maya.
12. What should I pack?
Weather in Mexico this time of year is generally warm, but since many shows will be taking place outdoors, there is the chance of it being cool. Holy Ship! suggests bringing some warm clothing just to be on the safe side. Other than that, anticipate wearing t-shirts and shorts pretty much the entire time.
- Sunglasses / Hat
- Sunscreen / Aloe
- Re-useable Bottle / Cup
- Rain Gear
- Warm Clothes
- Ear Plugs
- Yoga mat for morning classes
- Your favorite festival gear
- Costumes for this year’s Theme Night
13. What should I NOT pack?
No illegal substances, anything on wheels except a wheelchair or luggage, weapons or pets. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited at Holy Ship!. All laws and hotel policies pertaining to drug use must be respected.
14. Can I bring my camera?
You may bring any kind of camera to the event to shoot your vacation however, filming and photography during the shows is strictly prohibited. Drones are banned from Holy Ship!.
15. What is Travel Insurance and why is it beneficial?
Travel insurance is there to help you in case of an emergency or in case you can no longer attend Holy Ship! It can alleviate unexpected travel costs due to delays/cancellations, along with medical expenses in the unfortunate scenario of a hospital visit. We encourage you to purchase an LX Policy with the added Cancel for Any Reason Benefit to give you the best protection for your trip. To view a quote for your specific reservation please click HERE.
16. If I have full financial responsibility, does my insurance policy cover the entire costs of the reservation?
Each insurance policy covers the per person rate of the reservation, regardless of your financial responsibility. If you add pre or post nights after the initial booking you must contact IMG in order to make sure you are fully covered.
17. If I do a name change, does my insurance policy transfer to the new guest?
No. Insurance policies are specific to each individual who purchases the policy. The new guest will need to purchase their own policy in order to be covered.
18. In case of emergency, how can I be contacted at the resort?
If you need to be contacted while at Holy Ship!, have your family/friends email the Cloud 9 Travel Team, this is the fastest way to get in touch with you.
19. How can I stay connected with family and friends?
Every guest room is equipped with a phone that can make complimentary local and continental US calling, but there is also plenty of wifi throughout the resort, so you can use social media sights or phone apps as a source of communication.
1. When do we check in and check out of the resort?
Check in for a 4 night package is December 3rd – Check out is December 7th. If you are purchasing a Decompression Package, check in is December 3rd – check out is December 8th. Check-in begins at 3 pm on the day you arrive. Check-out is by noon on the day of your departure. If you arrive earlier than 3pm that is ok, if your room is not ready you can chill by the pool. You cannot stay in your room past 12 pm on your check out day. There are no late check outs, if you have not checked out by 1pm, you will incur a $300 late check out charge applied to your final bill when you check out of the resort.
2. How do I get around the resort?
The resort is small compared to Punta Cana. You can easily walk the from one of the property to the other end in about 10 minutes. If your feet are tired from dancing, there are golf carts that pick up guests from the Hacienda lobby and drop off at either the Concert Courtyard or the Heaven lobby and vice versa. These carts run 24 hours a day, with only a short wait in-between rides.
3. What if I have a question during the event?
The best way to get in contact with the Guest Relations Team is by reaching out through the live chat located in the lower right hand corner of the website. If we are not available, e-mail us at customerser[email protected] If you have a question off hours just look for a Safety Team member, they will be happy to help! The front desk in each lobby is open 24 hours a day.
4. Is the water safe to drink?
All water served in the restaurants, buffet, and bars is bottled and all ice is made from an in-house filtration system. There will also be a supply of water in your room when you arrive. The water in your bathroom is fine to shower and brush your teeth but we recommend sticking with bottled water for drinking while in Mexico.
5. Are food & beverages included? How many meals a day?
6. Is there an ATM at the resort?
Yes. There is an ATM in each lobby. Both ATMs dispense Mexican pesos. We recommend bringing cash from the US as the ATM fees are very high.
7. Can I pay with US currency at the resort?
Yes, however your change will be returned in Mexican pesos.
8. Can we exchange US currency at the resort?
Yes. You can exchange currency at the front desk in either lobby.
9. Is room service available?
Yes! Complimentary room service is available 24/7.
10. Will vegetarian, vegan & gluten-free options be available?
The resort has a variety of food available to guests with various dietary needs. There will be vegetarian, vegan, & gluten-free options available at all meals. If you haven’t already, please update “Your Profile” by logging into your Cloud 9 account and completing the Dietary Request field box.
11. Where can I keep my valuables?
Every room at the resort is equipped with an electronic safe. We strongly suggest placing your passport, wallet, cash and any other valuables inside as soon as you arrive. Beats At Sea, LLC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
12. Does Hard Rock Riviera Maya provide laundry services?
All rooms are equipped with an iron and ironing board, but the resort will be happy to take care of all your laundry and dry cleaning at a reasonable charge.
13. Are there hair dryers in each room?
14. What are some of the amenities the resort offers?
Some of the resort amenities include:
- Unlimited food & drink, including alcohol
- 24 hour room service
- Free Wireless Internet
- Access to the Water Park
- Mini-fridge stocked once daily with beverages
- Private balcony or terrace
- Free US and local calls from guest rooms
- Fitness center & activities
- Wait service at the pools, beach, and stages
15. Is there any dress code at the event?
In true rock star style, there is no dress code during the event. However, if you plan on staying extra days, the Hard Rock Riviera Maya dress code applies. Think resort casual.
16. Is tipping expected?
Tipping is customary but not expected for hotel staff such as bellmen, waiters & housekeepers as well as transportation drivers.
17. Are there any gift shops on the premises?
Yes. There is a collection of shops & boutiques to suit your fancy. Check out the shops for a wide variety of souvenirs, toiletries, beach accessories & magazines.
18. Are there any medical facilities at the resort?
A registered nurse with regular office hours is on the premises at the resort. In the event of a medical emergency, a qualified medical doctor is on call 24 hours a day. If a doctor is called there will be a charge put on the guests’s room. Guests with any pertinent medical information, specific medication, or accessibility needs are asked to notify us in advance. If you haven’t already, please update “Your Profile” by logging into your Cloud 9 Account and completing the Medical Information section.
1. Does all the music take place at Hard Rock Riviera Maya?
Yes! All performances will take place at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. All shows are just a short walk from your room.
2. What dates will there be music?
There will be four nights of incredible sets. Shows will take place on December 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. Check out is December 7th unless you purchase a Decompression Package or an additional post night.
3. When will the music schedule be available?
The music schedule will be released in the months leading up to our trip.
4. Can I stay elsewhere in the area and pay just to attend the shows?
In order to keep this an intimate event, only guests who book a package through Holy Ship! staying at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya will be able to attend the shows. No day passes or individual tickets are sold for this event.
5. In addition to the shows, will there be any activities?
Of course! You will be able to fill your days with a number of activities. Activities in the past have included ShipFam’s Got Talent, costume contests, and sumo wrestling! This year’s activities will be announced closer to the event. Stay tuned for more info!
6. How do I sign up for an activity?
Participants are chosen at random (unless otherwise stated). Arrive early and enter in your name if you are interested in participating. Whether you get picked or not, we encourage all guests to stick around for the fun! Stay tuned for more details on the activities.
7. When will the Theme Nights be announced?
Theme nights will be announced in the coming months. Stay tuned….
8. What can we do if we want to explore the area around Hard Rock during the day?
Holy Ship! will also offer excursions for an additional cost. More details to come. Additionally, cabs are readily available from the lobbies day and night.
9. How can I participate with Positive Legacy?
Positive Legacy coordinates environmental and humanitarian projects servicing the local communities. There will be a a Day of Service where guests can actively participate in making an impact on the lives of the people in the surrounding community. There will also be an Auction with unique items and signed memorabilia to raise funds to support ongoing projects.
10. What is a Carbon Offset?
By purchasing a Carbon Offset you are offsetting the emissions from your personal travel to the event (your carbon footprint). Trees, Water & People carbon offsets not only offer an opportunity to reduce your environmental impact, but also curb deforestation rates, improve the health of families, and support our efforts to protect and conserve natural resources in Central America and Haiti.
1. What is a Cloud 9 account & why do I need one?
Your Cloud 9 Account is your personal profile. Every guest attending Holy Ship! is required to have an account in order to check in. If you have attended Holy Ship! before, you already have an account & can log in HERE. If you are a first timer, register now.
Your Cloud 9 Account Allows You To:
- Book a reservation
- Make payments
- Add or change your guest
- Enter flight information
- Provide any dietary or medical needs
- Add items to your reservation such as extra nights, ground transportation, or travel insurance
- Track your trip history
- Offset your carbon emission
- Donate to Positive Legacy
2. When can I make my reservation?
All rooms are sold on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to be ready to book right away so you don’t miss out! If any packages remain after the Pre-sale, there will be a public On sale starting May 12th at 10 am ET / 1pm ET.
3. Where do I go to book a room?
You can place a reservation by logging into your Cloud 9 Account or by clicking the “BOOK NOW” button at the top of this website.
4. I am traveling alone, are there any single occupancy rates available?
Yes! Single rates are available in the Deluxe Gold category. If there are none available when you book your reservation, book double occupancy and contact the Travel Team 2 days after your purchase.
5. Is there an age restriction to attend?
Yes, all guests must be 21 years of age at the time of the event.
6. When should I add my extra nights?
Purchase extra nights when initially reserving your room or after by logging into your Cloud 9 Account. Extra nights are based on availability, so it is better to add them sooner than later. Purchase a Decompression Package to stay a day after the event to relax and spread the cost of the extra night over the course of the payment plan. Pre & post nights added after booking or in categories that do not offer the Decompression Package must be paid in full at the time of booking. Remember that add-ons are non-transferrable and non-refundable so make sure you want the extra nights before adding.
7. What’s the benefit of purchasing my extra night through Holy Ship!?
Purchasing you extra nights through the event will allow us to keep you in the same room for your entire stay. If you purchase extra nights through a 3rd party, you will likely have to change rooms.
8. What if my roommate doesn’t want to stay the extra night?
Rooms are priced based on double occupancy so you will have to pay the rate for two, even if just one of you is staying the extra night.
9. I have a friend on another reservation and we both want to do the extra night.
No problem. Contact the Cloud 9 Travel Team to make your arrangements.
10. Are there any additional fees?
There is a $49 ticketing fee in addition to the per person price that is listed. This will be calculated into the total cost of your reservation. There is also a one time $25 fee if you choose to participate in the Payment Plan instead of paying in full. Pay by ACH and get a $50 reservation credit! (the credit is applied per room, not per person)
Mexican residents, U.S. citizens residing in Mexico, and anyone unable to present an exit card issued at immigration upon arrival into Mexico are required to pay an additional 16% tax based on the total value of your suite upon check in. If you are flying from the US on a Mexican passport please ensure that you get an exit card BEFORE you arrive at the Hard Rock or you will be required to pay the tax
11. Am I able to change my room type?
Holy Ship! Wrecked does not allow for any room downgrades. However, you can upgrade your room if there is any availability.
12. The room type I wanted is unavailable…
Book your next best option and contact the Travel Team to be placed on an upgrade list.
13. Can I increase the occupancy of my room after booking?
Yes, depending on your room type. Contact the Travel Team for help.
14. Are there any ADA suites at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya?
Yes. If you are in need of an ADA suite, you will need to book into a Deluxe Gold with a king bed and then reach out to the Cloud 9 Travel Team so we can make the proper notes. These suites include wider clearance through doorways, toilet, bathroom rails, shower benches and roll-in showers. Please note ADA suites will not have the hydro spa tub. If you do not need ADA amenities but have mobility issues, please request first floor accommodations during the reservation process and also in your Cloud 9 Account medical notes.
15. Does the Hard Rock offer wheelchairs?
No, however you can rent a wheelchair to be delivered to the resort by reaching out to Playa Mobility. They will drop your wheelchair at the resort on your check in day.
16. Is it possible to have a room close to my friends?
You may request a room close to your friends by placing a note in your reservation or by emailing the Travel Team.
17. Where do I notate my special dietary needs?
Log into your Cloud 9 Account and update the “Dietary Requests” box.
18. What methods of payment are accepted?
The initial deposit must be paid by credit card at the time of booking.
- Holy Ship! accepts major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover.
- Get a $50 reservation credit (per room, not per person) by enrolling in our ACH Program and use a bank account to set up automatic payments.
19. Does Holy Ship! automatically charge my Credit Card on the payment due date?
Yes! Holy Ship! will automatically charge the card on file on the due date, or initiate the ACH payment with your bank.
20. Can I still participate in automatic billing if I don’t have a Credit Card?
Anyone with a bank account can participate in the ACH automatic billing program. Just fill out the form HERE and we will take care of the rest! Not to mention give you a $50 reservation credit (per room, not per person)
21. How do I update the card on file for my payments?
Contact the Travel Team PRIOR to the payment date with your new card details.
22. Are reservations transferable or can I change my guest?
Yes. Please click HERE to review name change fees, procedures, and deadlines.