What travel documents do I need?
- You MUST have a valid Passport to fly to Mexico.
- Please note, immigration procedures have changed at CUN airport. Immigration cards are no longer distributed. Please make sure you receive an exit stamp when proceeding through customs.
- Anyone unable to present an exit stamp issued at immigration upon arrival into Mexico is required to pay an additional 16% VAT tax based on the total value of your room or suite upon check in. If you are flying from the US on a Mexican passport or crossing into Mexico by land please ensure that you have an exit stamp before you arrive at the Hard Rock or you will be required to pay the tax.
Is airfare included in the trip cost?
- No. All guests are responsible for booking their own airfare.
What airport should I fly into?
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
How far is the resort from the airport?
- Hard Rock Riviera Maya is located about 60 minutes from the Cancun Airport.
- Due to construction and road renovations, delays may occur when traveling to/from the event to/from the Cancun International Airport.
I plan on renting a car. Is resort parking included?
- Yes! There is free parking available at the resort if you choose to rent a car.
I purchased the shuttle. How do I add my flight information?
- Log into your Cloud 9 Account and select the button “Enter Flight Info”.
- Please only add the portion of your flight info that directly arrives and departs to/from Cancun International Airport (CUN). (If you are on a flight with a layover, we only need the portion of the flight that pertains to arriving/departing CUN).
What if my flight is delayed?
- If your flight is delayed, Amstar will track your arrival time and make the proper accommodations.
- However, if you book a completely new flight or new arrival date, contact the Travel Team immediately to let us know.
What is the currency in Mexico?
- The local currency is Pesos; however, US Dollars are also accepted. Please note, your change may be returned in Pesos.
Do I tip while in Mexico? If so, how much?
- Tipping is not expected, but a couple bucks here or there is always appreciated and goes a long way.
What should I pack?
Passport • Sunnies • Hat • Sunscreen & Aloe • Bug Spray • Reusable Bottle/Cup/Straw • Rain Gear • Warm Clothes • Swimsuit • Pool Float • Ear Plugs • Costume for our Theme Night
What should I NOT pack?
- No illegal substances, weapons, drones, or pets.
- The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited and all laws pertaining to drug use must be respected.
Can I bring my camera?
- You may bring any kind of camera to the event to shoot your vacation however, professional camera equipment for filming and photography during the shows is prohibited.
- Drones are banned from the event.
Do I need an electrical converter?
- No. Mexico operates on the same 120V plug-in as the United States.
- There are limited outlets in the rooms so bringing a power strip can be helpful.