Documentation For Boarding Holy Ship!

All passengers are required to have a valid Passport. We highly recommend all guests travel with a Passport valid for at least six months beyond Holy Ship! Traveling with a Passport eases your experience by ensuring boarding and avoiding delays. Passports also allow for travel back to the U.S. during Holy Ship! in case of the unexpected. For passengers (US Citizens Only) without passports, a Passport Card will be accepted for boarding. Failure to possess the required travel documents may prevent you from being able to travel; in such event, no refunds shall be provided to you. If you have questions regarding your travel documents, you should contact Customs and Border Protection.


An original Birth Certificate and photo ID MAY be accepted for boarding, although this is at the sole discretion of the authorities in the terminal. You may be denied without a Passport or Passport Card. Please note that some state issued licenses are being affected in January 2018. You should be mindful of this if your state is one of the nine areas affected by the REAL ID Act.


Get Your U.S. Passport Here


Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your Passport. If you are recently married or have undergone a name change, be sure to bring along supporting documentation. Contact the Travel Team to update the name on your reservation.


The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following documents:

  • Valid U.S. Passport

  • Passport Card

  • Original copy of a state issued Birth Certificate.If your Birth Certificate has footprints on it, it will not be accepted (these are hospital issued certificates).

  • If you are a recent US citizen and have not yet received your US Passport, you will need to bring your original Certificate of Naturalization.

  • Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (Global Entry)

  • Original Green Card (no copies)

  • If you are traveling on a student visa you should not book Holy Ship! at the end of your visa. If you are at the end of your visa, you must provide written proof of employment or risk being left on shore!

If you are not a US Citizen, please call US Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 for guidelines on acquiring the proper identification for your nationality.


Pro Tip: Take a photo of your state issued Birth Certificate on your phone. It must be clearly legible & you must be able to see the borders so it looks like a copy when printed. This way if anything happens to your Passport, you will have a copy of your Birth Certificate.